Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Monday, September 26, 2011

DIY Capiz Chandelier: Mmm, These Words Taste Good

I'm not going to lie, this project SUCKS! When I originally found this I thought for sure I could pull it off. It looked uber easy, so I foolishly thought "how hard could it be?" Okay, it's not hard, but omg it is so time consuming!!! When I'm done with it, it had better rock my world!

Anyshells, after a few weekends off due to AC issues and personal reasons, I finally got back to work on it on Sunday at about 7 am. I actually kicked out quite a few of the longer strands, which just so happen to be the ones who make me want to run head first into a wall! Currently, my chandi has 4 "rows" of shells at 5, 7, 9, & 11 long. The 11 long ones make me hostile to work on just because they become difficult to manage. Another pain to deal with is trying to attach them only because my frame isn't hanging on anything to keep the strands straight, I'm trying to work with it resting on the counter which is practically impossible. I'm thinking I need to Polish rig this bad boy this weekend so it's not so hard to attach them.

To keep you up to date here are a couple pictures of the current status of my chandi and the workstation in which I am trying to work with. No criticisms please, I'm working on multiple projects at once so work space is a bit tight!

  
Speaking of other projects...I went to Ikea on Saturday with my parents and bought a couple items for the casa which I'm stoked about! One of them was a mirror that I have been lusting after since I saw it. Not exactly a fan of the color, but I'm working on that! I'm not going wild and crazy, just making it a little more....us. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment