Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

TTCAL Cycle #1

Well, AF showed her face yes yesterday so I am on CD2 of TTCAL Cycle #1! I can't even begin to describe how exciting it is to finally be able to try again. The waiting was driving me absolutely nuts. It's one thing to be caught in the 2 week wait and over analyzing every twinge in your uterus. It's a complete other to be put on a hold that you have no clue when you will be taken off of. That's murder right there.

So what's the game plan? Well, on Tuesday I start my Clomid and we go from there. The doc did say it could potentially move my O date up from CD19, which would be awesome. He's also going to run blood tests and monitor me to make sure my ovaries respond well, but don't go BSC and drop 86 eggs. He also wants to see if my progesterone is good after I O. If not, we adjust. I will admit it is a tad overwhelming to go down the assistance route. There is so much testing and tracking and monitoring that is going on. It's not just a "hey babe, you in the mood?" type of thing. There are doctors involved and I'll be honest, a few more people than I would like are well aware of when sexy time goes down. Not to mention, this is a road that once you get on it, there really is no exit off. You really have to commit to doing whatever you have to, which I am.

To say that things are about to get crazy is an understatement. Only I would choose to start this endeavor right around the holidays, but after waiting and waiting, I'm just ready to go! I am hopeful and excited and just a tiny bit scared. I am trying to stay focused and not get too wrapped up in the "it's going to be THIS cycle," but there is a part of me that would love for #1 to be our winner (who wouldn't). So, fingers crossed everyone that T and I are so blessed with one, or maybe even two, healthy babies soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment