Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Books and Stuff

We got the other 2 adoption books we ordered this weekend. I was very excited to see that box sitting on my counter when I came home. Now to start the never ending reading that is about to take place. We have quite a list of adoption books that we are adding to our "to read" list so I need to get this party started. I'm hoping to at least finish You Can Adopt before our meeting with the agency on the 16th.

Speaking of the meeting, T talked to a co-worker of his about adoption (M has adopted 2 children) and M gave us the name of his agency and little overview of how his adoptions went. He offered to sit down with us and go over everything and answer any questions we might have. It's nice to actually know someone who has done this already because it makes this feel a little less scary. Like it is possible. So we have another agency that we can check out. I plan on speaking with multiple agencies to find one that we feel fits us and our needs.

We are also looking into an adoption lawyer. Great thing about working in the field I do I get attorney recommendations for pretty much anything. This recommendation came through my mom from someone she works with. It's great to have those connections. So we plan on calling this office to at least get a consult about their practice and what not. We're definitely moving in the right direction on this.

After much talking, we have decided to try at least one more time. If the pregnancy is to end in a loss, then we're done. Three seems to be like a good stopping point. We still plan on pursuing the adoption because at some point we will be adopting so we might as well get the process underway. We talked about it a lot and this just feels right for us right now. Of course it's subject to change. Like anything.

I need to make an appointment with Doc to talk about trying again and get a game plan on possible pregnancy #3. We're not putting all our eggs in this basket though, adoption is still our main focus.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited the books got there. FWIW, I finished the You Can Adopt book quite quickly so I have faith that you will have it done by the 16th.

    I'm also so excited that you have someone you know who has gone through the adoption process that you can talk to and get advice.

    And huge ((hugs)) on making the decision to try again. I know it's not an easy one.

    ReplyDelete