Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

:deep breaths:

I made an Amazon.com purchase after some serious discussions with T over the past couple of days. Want a hint?

















It's one of 3 books that were purchased about the same topic, but this one is extra special. It's the first purchase we've made for our future child.

We have decided we're done pursuing biological children and putting our focus into expanding our family through adoption. If a pregnancy is to happen, okay we'll adjust, but we're not holding our breath. 2013 will be spent focusing on paying off debts (boy is adoption expensive!) and getting the house ready on top of getting emotionally ready.

We're very excited about this new path!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! This is such a big step and I'm so glad that you guys are both on th esame page. And I love that you bought a book for your future child. :)

    What other books did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also got "You Can Adopt" and "The Complete Adoption Book." I wanted a good starting point. I need to add to my ever growing list though with some books specific to open adoption.

      Delete
  2. We bought "You Can Adopt" and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was very well written and covered the different options for adoption. Let me know what you think of it.

    And also keep me updated on other books you pick up.

    ReplyDelete