Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Friday, March 16, 2012

It STILL Hurts

1 year ago today my world was a much different place. Instead of bitterness and sadness, it was full of hope and excitement. Three little words brought forth a love I never understood, until then.

“That’s your baby.”

1 year ago today I had the u/s that was scheduled to confirm a blighted ovum before moving forward with any type of treatment. The tech was supposed to confirm the baby didn’t develop. I prepared myself for it. Instead he told me the most amazing news, that my baby did develop and my baby had a heartbeat.

1 year ago today I cried many tears, but this time of happiness and relief. Our little one was a fighter! Our little one was bull headed like his/her mommy & daddy. Our little one was there and was growing and in November we were to be parents.

I wish I could go back to that day. I wish for a moment I could experience that joy again. Its days like today that remind me no matter how much time passes or what awesome things may come, my heart will forever ache for the baby I never got to know.

Spawn, thank you for holding on long enough to let mommy & daddy have the joy of seeing your perfect beautiful heart beating. Until the day I die, that will be one of the most amazing moments of my life. I love you my sweet baby, to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment