Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

We Survived

Somehow we managed to survive the 1 year anniversary of our m/c. To everyone else it was a normal day, but all day my mind just replayed the events from 03/20/11. What I was doing then. What I was thinking then. All the details just over and over. It’s like my brain was on repeat and no matter how hard I tried to change my train of thought, I just kept going back.

I was very thankful that our baby was on the minds of others yesterday too. I had a few close friends from the message boards facebook message me. Another friend texted me. On the message board there was a call out to me and everyone was offering their hugs and thoughts/prayers. It meant so much to me to know that our baby was being remembered by others, not just us. To have people acknowledge that we DID have a baby and that baby is gone, there aren’t any words to describe it.

I’m glad the day is over and while it wasn’t as bad as I had played it out in my mind, it definitely wasn’t an easy day either.

Spawn, I love you sweet baby! To the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment