Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Monday, March 5, 2012

215 days..

**We’re now counting down the days until we leave for our trip instead of days until we board the boat**

Excuse my random blogging sabbatical. I’ve noticed since we’re not currently riding the treatment train there just isn’t as much to blog about. No overanalyzing symptoms or freaking out over OPK’s so not much to report there. The break has been nice really. To not stress 24/7 about it has really been good for us as a couple. I’m definitely going back to charting next cycle simply so we still keep an eye on what my body is doing exactly, but our world isn’t going to revolve around it.

There have been some questions as to what are we doing exactly. Are we trying or avoiding? The answer is neither. We are not actively trying to pregnant, nor are we avoiding it. There will come a point where we will actively prevent and that is July. July is when final payment for the trip is due and we pass the 100% refund mark. After that having to cancel will lose us money and that’s something we’re not down for. So if we aren’t with child by then, then we will actively prevent until our trip is done.

Speaking of the trip, we got our backpacks! While I haven’t traveled with it yet, I have messed around with it and it’s awesome! I had a bit of a ditz moment though because I couldn’t find the straps to wear it as a backpack. Apparently they are removable and tucked away in this secret compartment on the backpack. The backpack is sweet though and I’m very pleased with the purchase. I will be using it this weekend when I dog sit for my parents.

Another trip update, we are starting to finalize the excursions we will be doing! Our most exciting (and nerve wracking) one will be in Cairo as we are doing an overnight excursion! I was very much so on the fence about it because of all the civil unrest there, but from what I’ve heard/read as long as you aren’t walking the mean streets of Cairo by yourself at night you should be fine. I guess they tend to avoid large tour groups since there is usually a fair amount of people. So we’re hoping that’s the way it goes. This excursion also offers a lot of amazing opportunities that we couldn’t have otherwise, so we’re rolling the dice. I’m sure it’ll be fine.

That’s about all I got. I might start posting once I start charting again just to keep my OPK pics up since I do know some people actually reference those, but don’t expect the crazy “OMFG is this it” type of post for a while.

Edit: 8:37 pm
Just booked our hotel for after the cruise. Was lucky enough to get the same hotel as our pre-cruise days in Rome!! Woot!

Finalize decision about trip
Put deposit on cruise
Put in for vacation
Put in for vacation (T)
Pay remaining balance of cruise
Book airfare
Sign up for shore excursions
Book hotel for days before cruise & after
Make sure vaccines up to date
Get visas for required countries
Get all US Embassy info for each country

No comments:

Post a Comment