Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

CD1

Another day, another cycle. Today officially starts CD1 of TTA Cycle #2, which is the last cycle in our doctor ordered TTC break. It's bittersweet. On one hand, I'm stoked because well, it's the first day of the last cycle we HAVE to avoid. On the other, I'm so frustrated and sad because that means TTA Cycle #1 had a 10 day luteal phase. Eff. (Side note, I'm attempting to give up swearing so when we DO have kids they don't talk like a trucker...like their mom).
I knew as soon as I saw my temp this morning that AF was coming and my LP was only 10 days, which makes me want to scream. For those of you who are not familiar with all this mumbo jumbo, the "average" LP lasts between 10-16 days, but most doctors (mine included) considers anything under 12 to be a "luteal phase defect." What does that mean? It means my body isn't producing enough of the right hormones to sustain pregnancy. AWESOME. It is possible for women who have 10 day LP's to have healthy pregnancies, it's just the odds are not good.

So where do we go from here? Well.....I don't know actually. I'm thinking about putting a call into my OB to just heads up her that my LP was only 10 days and see what she wants to do. I'm hoping that she'll want to draw blood after I ovulate next time to see where all my levels are at. If she can find the issue, then we can at least treat the issue. I can also try vitamin B-6 which has been shown to help lengthen a LP, BUT if the LPD is caused by eggs not maturing correctly then we'll have to go another route (Clomid). She might want to wait one more cycle just to see what happens before she runs tests, but I will tell you that if my LP stays at 10 days, I am NOT going to TTC until we figure out what wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment