Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Goodbye Dear Friend

Saturday night T sat me down on our bed to give me news that would further break my already very damaged heart, my cat was no longer with us. I will spare the details because I want to remember him as the happy, silly cat he was. T didn't share much, just that he found him in the field behind our house. My cat was an indoor/outdoor cat. It was against my better judgement, but he LOVED it. He loved to chase the birds and the mice. He became such a different cat once he got to go out. I could tell he was very happy having that freedom.

The last time I saw my precious boy was on Friday morning. I woke up and like any other morning, he was at my feet on my bed. He meowed a good morning and like every other day, I said my good morning in the form of a belly scratch. I was feeding the dogs when he went out the doggie door. I wish I would have known that would be the last time I would see him. Unlike every other night, he did not come home that night. I hoped he was just chasing mice. I didn't want to fear the worst. Saturday morning, he still wasn't home. I tried to not freak out so I went over to my parents house. The entire time he was on my mind. As I was driving home I kept telling myself he was fine. He would be at home snoozing on my bed.

When I got home the doggie door was still open and he was still no where to be found. Something wasn't right and I couldn't deny that anymore. I told T I was concerned because it wasn't like him to not be home. T sat me down on our bed and said "I have some bad news." My mind gets fuzzy after that, but basically he knew I was worried so he went looking for him and found him in the field behind our house. He was already gone. I cried and cried and when I thought I couldn't cry anymore, I cried some more. My cat was my baby and now like Spawn, he was gone. Forever.

Spawn, please take care of Dooney for me. I love you both, to the moon and back.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your kitty :( We had a scare with mine last year and I was a total wreck. Sounds like he lived a great life full of fun!

    ReplyDelete