Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Going Green: An Update

So it was brought to my attention that I suck at following up on stuff (she was much nicer in her delivery.) I guess I didn't realize that I sort of fell of the face of the Earth with the updates about our going green with cleaning. I can say that it's going very well and I am SOLD on it. Never going back. EVER.

Lets start with the basics, the recipes:

General Surface Cleaner (also has wood furniture polish recipe)
Granite Cleaner
Dishwasher Detergent
NEW Laundry Detergent (I needed a little extra oomph)
Glass Stove Top Cleaner
Glass/Mirror Cleaner

Baking soda has pretty much replaced my use of Comet or any other type of abrasive cleaner. It actually works a lot better too, but be advised it will dry your hands out something fierce so be sure to wear gloves. Baking soda is also how I deodorize my carpet. I just sprinkle some all over my floor, let it sit for a few and then vacuum right up. Awesome.

Aside from the perk that I'm not bringing more harsh chemicals into this house, we are indeed saving a lot of money! I just made a HUGE batch of laundry detergent that will last us at least 4 months for about $20. Not too shabby to me. I also buy the vinegar and baking soda when it's on sale & I stock up to save even more money. Just trust me, it's worth at least trying.

Over the next couple of days (or weeks) I will be blogging about the specifics of the cleaning including some step by step instructions complete with pictures so stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment