Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Diet Plan

Happy New Year everyone! Like most people around the world I have started my new diet plan today. I'm actually excited this time around. Last time I wasn't exactly thrilled about dieting, but knew it was something that had to be done. This time, it is definitely excitement to get healthier. I'm pleased with my weight loss from 2011, but I would really like to meet my goal in 2012 so I need to get a little more serious about this. Food wise, the game plan will stay the same. Eat less, eat healthier. The exercise is changing.

Last year I lost my weight doing the 30 Day Shred. It's an awesome DVD that I recommend to everyone. The only problem is now that I've lost the weight, my body isn't responding to the DVD the same so I have to step it up. Which brings me to my new "100" workout. I found it on Pinterest actually. Here is the original plan if you want to see. While it's a good plan, I'm tweaking it to take into account the areas that I want to work on. My plan will consist of:

100 Arm circles (50 forward, 50 backwards)
90 Jumping jacks
80 Squats
70 Calve raises
60 Crunches
50 Chest flys
40 Butt kicks
30 Walk out push ups
20 Minutes of speed walking (+ 5 min start up)
10 Minutes of running (+ 5 min cooldown)

I don't like repetitive exercises so that's why I'm not repeating anything like done on the original plan. I like to work the same area, but via different methods. It's a personal preference really. I like to count to down on things, especially ones that I hate like crunches. Now when I get pregnant, I'll have to tweak it again to dial things back just a tad. I'll probably end up doing something like:

100 Arm circles (50 forward, 50 backwards)
80 Squats
60 Calve raises
40 Chest flys
30 minutes of speed walking

We'll see though. Depending on week 1's results I may tweak this again, but we'll see. Here's to a happier & healthier year in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment