Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Friday, January 27, 2012

So I've Heard It Said...

That it's weird to have a blog that your family and friends know nothing about. Not to me personally, but I've seen it on message boards. I found the comment to be interesting, but I mostly feel like I should explain why MY family is unaware of this blog.

This blog was designed to keep our family up to date with our little one. After we lost Spawn it just evolved and such. Now that we're actively TTCAL I don't really need my family seeing all those details as they happen. After the fact when we have our little one, sure read all you want, but I don't need them on this journey with me right now. TTC in general is a very personal journey that you don't need everyone all up in. TTC with any type in Infertility is that much harder. It's bad enough that strangers at my doc's office know my cycle and when sexy time goes down.

I will eventually tell all our family and friends about this blog, especially those who are out of state once our little one gets here (whenever that might be.) I think it's a great way to keep everyone in the loop and share milestones. Not to mention it's nice to have these to look back on. To see how far you've come or to remind yourself about a happy moment. It's much like having baby photos. You can't recreate the moment so it's nice to have it documented somehow.

Having said all that, I will most likely chose to block some of my posts. Why? Well, because there are some things I don't need my family to see. It's nothing bad about them, I love my family, but there have been some dark times. Those are some of the details that are for T and I only. I already have a good idea which posts I will block when the time comes.

So is it weird that my family doesn't know about this? No. Not to me at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment