Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011

I don't know about all of you, but I'm so over 2011. While we did have a couple good things happen this year (T's promotion & my nephew), our year was mostly drama and bad news. So, I'm over it. I'm going into 2012 with high hopes about our future and with a positive attitude. I figured if I start the year on a good note, it will help make it a good year right?

In typical New Years fashion, I've come up with some resolutions. They aren't crazy or over the top. They are simple, but hey, I'm a simple girl with simple needs.

1. Lose at least 30 more pounds. I'm proud of my weight loss up to now, but I'm not quite where I want to be yet. I'm close, but not there so back to hardcore dieting and working out for me.

2. Write more. Not on my blog, although it is a nice release for me. I'm talking about writing as in books. I LOVE to write and I've always wanted to be a writer. I just lacked the courage to actually go after it.

3. Get pregnant. Pretty self explanatory there.

4. Stay pregnant & deliver a healthy baby. Getting pregnant is only the first step, the real challenge is getting past the first trimester and then carrying the baby to term.

5. Pay off more debt. I don't have an actual total I'd like to hit, just focus more on getting it taken care of.


6. Do more projects around the house. I would LOVE to complete our bigger projects this year of moving the wall in our powder room downstairs and actually enclosing the theatre. After that it's flooring. Oh god do we need new flooring.

7. Be more optimistic. I would really like to ditch my negative nelly attitude and try to focus on the good and good things to come.

8. Either find or build a tv stand. We have a behemoth of a tv downstairs and the stand it currently rests on is just too small. We need a new stand because it's driving me batty. I want it to be white.

9. Learn to sew. My mom is a pretty good sewer and I would like to learn how to do it. I would really like to be able to hem my own pants and do any of the tasks that are currently pinned to my "Sewing" board.

10. DIY more. My capiz chandelier was a good start (although I AM going to redo it), but I would like to actually go a little deeper in DIYing. You can save a lot of money and I think there is a lot of satisfaction when you create something.

So there you have it. My 2012 resolutions. I told you they weren't over the top and they probably aren't even that impressive, but these are things that are really important to me. So, here's to good things in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment