Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Monday, February 20, 2012

231 Days...

Time is officially creeping by and in fact, at some points I think it's going backwards! Anyway, I am pleased to say that I was able to upgrade our seats to the awesome seats I was bitching about not getting. Yay! We had to pay a small fee to upgrade, but I figured if we're spending that much time on a plane then dammit I'm going to be comfortable! I made the airline verify (multiple times) that we do indeed have those seats.

We also purchased our backpacks for the trip. I obviously can't report on them yet since we haven't actually received them, but I've heard wonderful things about them. Since we are flying overseas we want to make sure we have a couple days worth of clothes on our person so should our bag not make it to Rome, we still have clothes. This will also hopefully keep our packing to minimal. I'm going to try to be daring and only take the backpack, but we'll see. I know that sounds crazy, but we are doing so much traveling via public transportation and walking that I really don't want to be lugging a suitcase around. We have time to decide though.

In other news, I'm sicker than sick right now. Ugh! So on Thursday when I'm all weepy because it's the 1 year mark of our BFP, I'm going to also be congested and have a monster headache. Yeah, that won't make me a psycho bitch at all. Oh well, what can I do right? Speaking of that whole situation, I need to make one thing perfectly clear, this trip is by no means taking away from the disappointment we are feeling. I am hearing a lot of "you're so lucky" and "OMG, I would love to take that trip" and all that jazz, but honestly, I would much prefer to be "tied down" with a healthy baby. I would give up this trip in a heartbeat if I was getting my beautiful take home baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment