Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Dust Has Settled...

So now that the dust has settled and the initial excitement from deciding on the trip has worn off, the big question is are we actually going through with this???? Or are we backing out like every other big trip we've tried to take??

Yep, we're actually doing this. I log in every morning actually to see my countdown and today was the first day that there was an obvious shift in the blue. I love that the bar is turning gray! That means we are moving that much closer to the trip. We both are so excited it's not even funny. Even though the trip is quite a few days away, it'll be here before we know it and we have a lot to take care of in between now and then. We have to make sure we have all the required vaccines, get our visas (yep, Egypt requires them in addition to passports) and finalize our bajillion plans, but we're taking it one step at a time. I have a little list going actually:

Finalize decision about trip
Put deposit on cruise
Put in for vacation
Put in for vacation (T)
Pay remaining balance of cruise
Book airfare
Sign up for shore excursions
Book hotel for days before cruise & after
Make sure vaccines up to date
Get visas for required countries
Get all US Embassy info for each country

It's a never ending list that I'm adding to daily as things come up, but we're making progress nonetheless. I'm sure this has you wondering what we are doing about the baby situation. Well, nothing right now. I have an appointment scheduled with awesome doc to discuss our options, but I have a feeling he's going to tell me that we need this trip to regroup and refocus. I agree with that. It's nice to have something to look forward to that we have control over and that we know is going to actually happen. Our lives were put on hold last year because of the baby thing and now all we have is an empty house and regret that we stopped living.

Don't think though that the one year anniversary of our BFP and miscarriage isn't weighing on my mind. It is more than I ever imagined it would. My heart longs for our little Spawn with every breath that I take. I actually discussed with T about getting another tattoo, for Spawn. He's cool with my getting a tattoo, then again, it wasn't really a discussion. It was more like me saying "I'm getting another tattoo" and him saying "okay." I finally decided on my tattoo too. It's going to be a butterfly resting with it's wings together and small stars surrounding it. To honor my baby who lives in the stars. I love you sweet Spawn, to the moon and back.

1 comment:

  1. I am very proud of you guys for doing this. It sounds like you both need it. I am super excited for you! :) Also, your tattoo sounds beautiful.

    ReplyDelete