Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

I Interrupt My Normal TTCAL Broadcasting...

There is no denying this past year has been tough. It has really tested T and I as a couple and I'll be honest, in recent weeks our marriage has started to rapidly nose dive. Between my insane mood swings and just the overall pressure we're at each others throats and an intervention is needed. I have mentioned in the past that we have talked about taking a big trip, but always found reasons to not do it. We go through spurts where we get on a vacation kick and mentally plan these awesome vacations, but never take them. We found ourselves doing that again yesterday. We've wanted to go to Europe since before we were even engaged. For 6 years we've talked about it. We've planned it. We've backed out...every time.

We found an amazing cruise that hits all the places we both are so desperate to see. Rome for T, he is a HUGE fan of the roman culture and has been talking about the Colosseum since I've known him. Egypt has been on my bucket list since I first started learning about their culture in Elementary School. Greece, some of the most amazing sights to see. So we started looking at this trip and planned our dream trip. Figured out airfare, the cruise, all the details and it would make things tight, but doable. Once again we said "too much money," and started talking ourselves out of it. Then I started tweaking the trip, changing to an interior room from a balcony room. Changing the flight days. Just a few tweaks here and there and suddenly I had taken $3,000 off the total of the trip. It was within our grasp, but we still couldn't pull the trigger. Then I logged into Pinterest...


I took it as a sign and we talked serious about this trip. The past year has been one super tough emotional roller coaster and while we know kids are absolutely something we want to do, it's tearing our marriage apart. We need a break to focus on us. So we talked, and we talked, and we crunched the numbers, and we talked, and we...BOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, after talking and talking and running circles we decided to take our trip of a lifetime. I'm giving up charting and we are going to see where things lead. Of course we have the trip insurance and should a baby be on the way, we'd adapt and adjust, but we have made the decision to give this a break. I'm tired, T's tired, and we need this for us. To say we're excited is the understatement of the century. Not only are we giving our relationship the TLC it desperately needs, we are fulfilling a lifelong dream. We will have kids someday and we'll have the most amazing vacation story to share with them.

2 comments:

  1. Sweetie, I am so proud of you for doing this!! From the stuff you have said, I think this is exactly what you both need. I'm super excited for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We couldn't be more thrilled about letting things just chill for a while and planning this trip. Maybe the break and not stressing is just what we need! :)

    ReplyDelete