Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

236 Days...


Well, this trip just got put on fast forward! I know most would wait until closer to the trip to make any reservations for airline or hotel. Me on the other hand, nope. I was mad searching today for the best hotels and I found one I LOVED! It's perfect and right across from the Colosseum. Like, right across the street I can see it from my window. Not to mention it's only a few minute walk from the metro station.  This morning they had 5 rooms available for the 2 nights we would be in Rome. This evening, down to 2. So yeah, booking done! It's a little pricey, but for the location we just couldn't pass it up!


**Pictures courtesy of Booking.com First is view from their dining terrace, second is a view of one of their rooms. Look closely at the window, see what's just outside it?!


I think I forgot to mention we are arriving in Rome 2 days early. We decided to take some time to see all the sights and since there is A LOT to see in Rome we needed as much time as possible. We arrive just after 9 am on Sunday, Oct 7th, so that gives us most of Sunday to see the Colosseum and the Forums. Then Monday it's the Trevi Fountain, The Pantheon, Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museum, St. Peter's Basilica and a bunch of other places. 10 pounds, 1 pound bag.

I am super angry with myself for not booking my airfare this morning though. This morning I found AWESOME seats on a flight, but decided to hold off to ask T. By this evening, yeah, gone! I literally was on the verge of tears (apparently the Clomid is NOT entirely out of my system). The seats we do have aren't terrible. They aren't great, but they aren't terrible. At least they have DC outlets so when I'm having my Harry Potter movie marathon on the way from Chicago to Rome I'll be set.

I will be honest though, I'm a little intimidated with the idea of the public transportation. In Rome, they have trains, the metro, buses and from what I've read everyone use them. I grew up in Arizona so the whole public transportation concept is just so foreign to me (hehe, get it, foreign?) We don't even have local buses in the city I live in and I live in a very large city. It's really sad how behind the times we are here in the U.S. compared to these other countries. We plan on using their metro system and rail system A LOT so hopefully we learn fast. I already printed out a map of the rail system and started making my notes. I want to look somewhat like I know what I'm doing. I'm hoping with my dark hair and dark eyes I just blend in with the Italians.

Time to cross more off my list....

Finalize decision about trip
Put deposit on cruise
Put in for vacation
Put in for vacation (T)
Pay remaining balance of cruise
Book airfare
Sign up for shore excursions
Book hotel for days before cruise & after
Make sure vaccines up to date
Get visas for required countries
Get all US Embassy info for each country

No comments:

Post a Comment