Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Operation De-Whale: Week 5

Weekly Lost: -2.6 pounds (Realistic/I Wish Goal: -2 pounds/-2 pounds)
Total Lost: -5.8 pounds (Realistic/I Wish Goal: -8.2 pounds/-11 pounds)
Days Worked Out: 0/5

The good news is I lost weight and did really good with my eating (with the exception of suck the oxygen from my lungs Thursday.) The bad news is I didn’t work out at all and I’m nowhere near where I should be. That’s okay though, I’m not going to beat myself up over it because this morning I came to the shocking realization that we are now under 5 months for our trip and I only have 21 weeks to try to hit my goal. By my calculations, to hit my “Realistic” goal by our trip, I’d have to lose just under 2 pounds a week. To hit my “I wish, but never going to happen goal,” I’d have to lose 2.5 pounds a week. While I did manage to lose 2.6 and that’s in line with the “I wish” goal, there is no way it’ll keep up at that pace. The more you lose, the slower it goes.

So hopefully being at less than 5 months until the trip, I will be able to keep focused. Not to mention I have my new cool DVD’s I’m going to try. I’m not doing it tonight because T and I are going to see the Avengers as we couldn’t see it yesterday, but tomorrow it’s back on the work out horse. I’m also going to try to get T to focus on clearing out the Den to make that my exercise/piano room. Would be nice to have a set place to do my work out and not worry about my dogs/cat or T getting in the way!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your blog :)

    I really like the weight loss chart! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete