Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

3w6d: Results & Meds

I'll be honest, seeing the positive digital yesterday did bring a smile to my face, especially considering my digital on Sunday was negative. The "Not Pregnant" was killing my juju. The "Pregnant" is helping the issue just a tad.

Got my first betas back yesterday morning. My HCG was 23, my P4 was 9. The HCG wasn't too bad, pretty much in line for women my age at 11DPO. The P4 on the other hand, that left something to be desired. Dr. Awesome decided to supplement my P4 which I pretty much expected.

Even though I knew there was a big chance my P4 was going to be low, actually hearing that it was stung a little. I'm thankful that Dr. Awesome is continuing to be awesome and proactive with it. He ordered a script called Crinone 8% Gel that I use 2 times a day. I'll spare the details of how the medication is administered, but I will say it isn't an oral medication. The price sucks on it too. It comes out to $40 per week. I mean, it's worth it. If it will keep baby safe then it's worth it. The sticker price just made me hate the insurance world that much more.

I had my 2nd beta draw this morning and hopefully tomorrow we will get our results. I'm aiming for my HCG doubling and my P4 being up, even if just slightly. I need to know that things are headed the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment