Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

4w: Offspring

It's Thursday which happens to be the day of the week where I advance in weeks in this pregnancy. This is the point in which a lot of women find out they are expecting. Here I am feeling like I'm a lifetime in already. It's the waiting. It does that.

Speaking of waiting, I got my results back from Beta #2. HCG is at 57 and P4 is up to 16. My doubling time on the HCG was 35.9 hours so I'm VERY happy with that. I'm even pleased with my P4 considering I only took 2 doses of the Crinone before they took the draw. I spoke with the midwife (she called to see how I was feeling and to give me the results) and she said they were happy with the progress. I even scheduled my appointment, but couldn't get in until 8w4d. I'm not excited about the wait, but I really want T to be there. I need him there this time.

With the good news on the betas comes to arrival of the nickname, Offspring. I feel better now that we're not referring to Offspring as "it". I hate that! S/he is not an "it", s/he is my baby and deserves to be considered as such. Now that we are feeling just a tad more confident as well, I'm starting the weekly updates as well. Eventually I might add the weekly bump pictures, but we'll see.

For today, I'm happy and I'm pregnant!

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog after searching for low progesterone at 3w6d. I had my first beta today and my HCG was 86.2 but my P4 was 9. I have also been on Crinone since 2 DPO and it was excellent at 7 DPO (55.8!) but has dropped drastically since. This post gives me tons of hope that things can improve.

    I'm also a blogger but haven't "come out" yet as I'm waiting for my next beta. I'll definitely be following you for sure since you're only a couple of weeks ahead of me! Best of luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your beta!! I know how scary the waiting/numbers game can be.

    ReplyDelete