Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

6w6d: Hold On Baby

It’s official, I loathe the midwife portion of Dr. Awesome’s office. I don’t just dislike it, I flat out loathe it. I loathe even more that I’m stuck going there on the 17th. Unfortunately due to the holiday nowhere else can get me in and I’m not waiting even freaking longer so I am stuck there for now. I foresee a very uncomfortable conversation being held between T, myself and the midwife. For the record, once I get off my supplement and into my 2nd tri, I have every intention of leaving this practice.

Today I called my Walgreens and found out that they still hadn’t called in my script. Yep, I lost it. I called the office and got yet another ditz from the front desk. This is how it went:

D: Dr. Awesome’s office how can I help you?
M: Hi, I’m L and I’m calling to check on the status of my prescription being called in.
D: Okay, DOB?
M: mm/dd/yyyy
D: One moment please…

[horrible hold music for 1 minute]

D: Okay, so you are calling to leave a message because you need a prescription?
M: No, I’m calling to find out why my prescription hasn’t been called in yet despite my calling yesterday and Monday. I spoke with the midwife and she said she was calling it in Monday, but my pharmacy has no records of that.
D: Okay, just one moment

[horrible hold music for 15 minutes]

Finally after being on hold for 15 minutes I hung up. This is ridiculous. I’m sure she looked up my name in the system and saw that I’ve called how many times and went into panic mode. I bet even the office manager was notified that a scathing mad pregnant lady was on the phone.

They finally called me back 30 minutes later to tell me they just called in my prescription and it should be available for pick up this evening. Well, that’s nice princess, but considering NO PHARMACY STOCKS IT I won’t actually have it this evening. The earliest the pharmacy can get it is late tomorrow afternoon. So I will be missing my doses. The pharmacy chick was very nice and looked at every pharmacy in a 50 mile radius in their system, no one carries it. It’s such an odd prescription that they just don’t keep it. Hence my calling the doctor’s office for the past three days leaving message after message and telling the midwife personally that I’m going to be out.

So baby, please please PLEASE hold on. I promise tomorrow night we’ll be back on schedule. To my midwife…look out lady because you’ve just awoken the beast.

1 comment:

  1. C'mon Offspring! You got this. January is just around the corner. Then Mom can get you an actual doctor who knows what the fluck they are doing.

    ReplyDelete