Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Friday, April 20, 2012

168 Days...

Or 5 months, 2 weeks & 2 days depending on how you countdown.

Yet another trip update for you. You might as well get used to them because the closer we get the more there will be! Can you blame me though? This trip is epic!

This morning T and I were talking about the trip and made the decision that an interior room is just not us, so we upgraded to a balcony room! Woot!! The decision was actually made very easy since Royal Caribbean has this "Guarantee Price." Basically what it means is you book a room, but don't get to pick the level or side of the boat, etc. Instead they see what rooms need to be filled and put you where they have openings, which could also be the more upgraded room for no extra cost. Since we just want a balcony room and don't care which one, this was the way for us to go. Not to mention it will help with the clothesline situation.

Now before you roll your eyes and say we're crazy, allow me to explain. We're going on a 16 day trip with only a backpack and duffel bag each so it's not like I can take 16 days worth of clothes. We're going to have to pack lightly and wash what we can, mostly our undergarments and light clothes. Obviously our jeans and heavier items will be sent to the main laundry on the boat, but at $4.00 a pair of jeans and $2.00 a shirt it can add up quite quickly. Not to mention the idea of some stranger touching my panties freaks me out. Yes, that's the germaphob coming out in me, but eh, I'll take it.

This weekend we're also probably going to book our Colosseum tour. It's a 10 person tour so we need to secure our places because it would SUCK to miss out on this one. We're planning on doing the 8:30 am one so we can go down into the dungeons and see as much as possible. Next up will probably be booking more of our excursions and of course the catacombs tour. I also found this nighttime tour that would be a lot of fun! Since we've added everything else to this trip might as well right?

After everything is booked and paid for it's time to save fun money and buy clothes for this trip. I don't have a lot of light easy to pack type of clothing. In fact, I don't really have any clothing that fits. Damn losing weight. I'll have to buy a new wardrobe, thank goodness for Old Navy. It'll be fun to buy new clothes especially for the trip. You know what, I think I've decided the best part of a trip isn't so much the actual trip, but all the planning that goes into it. Having something to look forward to and get your focus off your job stress, family stress or in our situation, TTCAL stress. This break was definitely welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment