Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

180 Days...

We are now officially less than 6 months away from our trip to Europe! I'm not at the "OMFG we're going to EUROPE" stage yet, but definitely getting there. Tonight we took another big step and paid off our cruise completely and booked our Egypt excursion. By far the most exciting task we've accomplished in regards to this trip. Sure, booking airfare was exciting, but for some reason booking an excursion makes it real. Almost like a confirmation that yes, you ARE going to Egypt! I cannot wait to see the pyramids and ride the Nile. It's almost too good to be true to think that we will actually be going to the place at the top of my bucket list. I won't lie, I might cry.

Speaking of the trip, I've added to my agenda to buy new luggage. Not a cheap task by any means, but when I started really thinking about this trip and doing research, we need lighter luggage! All of our traveling around Rome and to our port in Civitavecchia (where the boat leaves) is done via public transportation and then in Civitavecchia, we have to walk 4 blocks on cobblestones to get to the place where the shuttle picks up. The idea of lugging my heavy ass bags makes my arms hurt. Not to mention we have to take into consideration the weight restrictions on planes. My current luggage is heavy and that just won't work.

I'm sure buying luggage will thrill T. Especially since our trip just keeps costing more and more. The problem is we are finding all these awesome tours in Rome and while they are expensive, we just keep saying "how often do we go to Rome?" Yeah, well, our initial $250 for Rome on our own has rapidly approached $1,000 with all the tours. Our Colosseum tour alone is $120 per person! In my defense though, it includes the dungeons which will be amazing to see. The upgraded tour allows you to walk the same paths that the gladiators did when they were getting ready for a fight. I mean, amazing! It'll be worth it. All the sacrifices we're making now and skipping out on eating out, etc, will be well worth it when we go on this trip.

Finalize decision about trip
Put deposit on cruise
Put in for vacation
Put in for vacation (T)
Pay remaining balance of cruise
Book airfare
Sign up for shore excursions
  Egypt
  Israel
  Greece
  Naples
Book hotel for days before cruise & after
Make sure vaccines up to date
Get visas for required countries
Get all US Embassy info for each country
Get new luggage

No comments:

Post a Comment