Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Operation De-Whale

One of my goals for 2012 was to lose an additional 30 pounds. Ha! I’m aiming for 48! Well, was originally 40, but then I feel hardcore off the wagon and gained 10 pounds, 2 of which I’ve already lost so have to re-lose those other 8…again! Yes, that would be the same 8 I gained over the holidays. So for those of you keeping track, this will be the second time I have to re-lose those 8. Flippin’ A.

Anyway, with our trip SLOWLY approaching I want to shed these last 48 to not only hit my goal, but surpass it. I’m sure I can accomplish this. I roughly have 27 weeks (holy god that’s long) to do this. By my calculations that means I have to lose just shy of 2 pounds a week. I’ve got this. Usually my body sheds a good 3-4 the first couple weeks then slows to an impossible crawl so it should happen.

Why do I want to lose this weight? For starters, being overweight isn’t healthy. That’s a given. With my family history of diabetes and high blood pressure, I’ve got to get this in check now so I can live a long and healthy life. Next up is the obvious kid reason. Since our journey looks to be taking a turn towards infertility treatments, I want to make sure I’m in tip top shape for them. Granted they won’t even be considered (if needed) until at least 2013, but I still want to be healthy. My last, and by far my most vain reason, I want to look nicer and wear cuter clothes. I’ve been on this overweight train for far too long and I want to get off it. I want to wear cute short skirts and skinny jeans with knee high boots. I want to be able to go to H&M and try on all the cute stuff and not feel like I look like a whale. I want to look nice for my trip! I would love to be able to rock a tankini (sorry ladies, I have the opinion that ladies over a certain age shouldn’t rock the bikini regardless of their figure.)
The game plan?

Eat better. Work out. Pretty simple and straight forward. I’m tracking my food through myfitnesspal and will be doing my own work out that I’ve created. It’s a combination of a couple of things really. Couch to 5 k (need to build up that stamina for our hike of Vesuvius) and 30 Day Shred/Yoga Meltdown (to tone the flab.) My goal is to work out 5 days a week. 3 being dedicated to the C25K program and the other 2 to the 30DS or YM. Saturday is my off day to craft with my mom and Sundays are my cleaning day so I figure I burn enough calories on that day anyway.

This marks week one and so far I’m doing okay. Not great, but okay. Monday I stuck to my diet really well and did my run. Tuesday I was doing great until I had my meltdown and subsequently skipped working out and ate Burger King! Today, I’m back on that horse though. I’ve eaten very good today and instead of going home and eating mac and cheese (my god does that sound good) I’m going to do my run and eat my cereal.  

I will admit that keeping my focus is a lot harder this time than it was last time. Last time I had the killer motivation of trying to lose more lb’s before we try to get pregnant. Now that we’re stuck in this limbo, I just can’t seem to kick my butt into gear. In an effort to keep me focused, I’m setting small goals for myself.

Goal #1: 5/1/12 -10 lbs
Goal #2: 5/29/12 -18 lbs
Goal #3: 6/26/12 -25 lbs
Goal #4: 7/24/12 -32 lbs
Goal #5: 8/21/12 -38 lbs
Goal #6: 9/18/12 -44 lbs
Goal #7: 10/6/12 -48 lbs

Hopefully this will keep me focused and motivated. I plan on checking in (hopefully) on a weekly basis to keep myself accountable for this. The best way to accomplish something is to hold yourself accountable right? I also plan to check in about our fertility situation once we know more. Right now, we don’t know much other than my body sucks. I also have a few DIY projects up my sleeve, in addition to the one’s we’ve knocked out already! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment