Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Didn’t See That Coming…

Well, Dr. Awesome’s office finally called me back today and left me speechless. As I already knew, my HSG was good and “normal.” Then came time for T’s SA results. I braced for bad news impact. I was sitting down and had tissues close by in the event a total breakdown ensued.

Normal. Umm, yeah, didn’t see that coming.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m psyched his results were normal. I’m psyched that we don’t have yet another thing to tack on to this already frustrating mess. I am though, caught between relief and frustration. If there is nothing else wrong with me physically and T’s boys check out good, then why haven’t we gotten pregnant again? Like Dr. Awesome said, my Clomid cycles were “textbook” and our timing was awesome. So why didn’t it happen? These results sort of just left me with additional questions. If it’s not him, then obviously there has to be something else wrong with me.

I’m calling back tomorrow to schedule my follow up appointment with Dr. Awesome to go over the results and find out where we go from here. I know T and I are taking a medication break until after our trip to Europe, but I need to find out if my cervix is our issue here. He can put me on a thousand different medications, but if the boys can’t get in then it won’t help at all. I keep thinking about my HSG and what a difficult time she had getting the catheter in. She finally did, but what if there is something blocking. Do we need to look at that a little more closely? I’ll leave that up to Dr. Awesome to decide.

Despite being frustrated with the “wtf else could it be” situation, I’m really relieved that it isn’t with T. Maybe we actually do have a chance of having a baby w/o the assistance of an RE. That would be epic!

No comments:

Post a Comment