Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

5w5d - Holding Pattern

Today sucks and I just want it to be over.

Yesterday I started having some back pain. It started off as just a dull ache and started getting worse as time progressed. By this morning, I was done with it. I thought I just had another kidney infection and off to Urgent Care I went. I was the 1st person to arrive so I figured I would be in and out. Of course they give me one of those tiny urine specimen cups and want you to somehow pee into it. I am convinced these were designed by men. If I woman would have done it, the opening would have been MUCH bigger. So I gave them my sample and waited.

A few minutes later the doctor entered and began asking me tons of questions. He listened to my lungs and began pushing around on my back. I practically went through the roof. That's when he dropped the bomb, my urine was completely normal and he was concerned I was having an ectopic pregnancy. The oxygen was sucked from the room. He immediately ordered that I go to the ER to get checked out. My blood pressure went through the roof at that point.

There were only a couple people in the waiting room at the ER so I figured it would be, hopefully, quick and easy. I had to get all my vitals checked and as to be expected, my blood pressure was literally through the roof. As soon as I mentioned possible ectopic pregnancy, they immediately took me back. There was no waiting in the waiting room until my number was called. I bypassed the line.

Thankfully (?) everything went really fast at that point. They drew my blood, had me give ANOTHER urine sample in a cup that was surprisingly smaller than the one at urgent care and ordered an ultrasound. My u/s was definitely less than desireable. Because the tech was looking for a possible ectopic pregnancy she had to push in sensitive areas and stretch me in ways I never imagined. Within the hour I got my results. There was good news and then there was bad news.

Good news: No ectopic pregnancy! Fallopian tubes are clear and everything looks normal & healthy.

Bad news: Spawn is measuring 2 weeks behind and my HCG levels are only at 1011. The doctor, being a medical professional who was taught little to no personal interaction skills, began spitting out all these different statistics and numbers. Long story short, he thinks the baby stopped developing right after my positive HPT.

I am in a holding pattern. I will have to call my OB tomorrow and explain the situation to see if she wants to draw more beta's to make sure my numbers are rising or if she wants to do another u/s in a couple days to make sure the baby is developing. Or, she could opt to just have me wait until my first appointment on 3/29. Either way, I have no answers today. All I can do is hope and pray that this baby is okay and just a little lazy like his/her daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment