Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beta #4 = WTF?!

After one polite voicemail this morning and a somewhat "hate" voicemail this afternoon, my OB's office finally got back to me with my beta results. As I speculated they might, they went up. Not just up though, they jumped up. From 1592 on the 9th to 3064 on the 14th. Sure, it's not by any means a super awesome jump and most women probably wouldn't get excited about it, but I'm a little excited about it. After my last lackluster slight increase in numbers, I was told this was it. My betas could continue to barely rise, but would most likely start to taper off. I had mentally prepared myself. Then this.

Luckily the obsessing won't need to last long as my follow up u/s is tomorrow at 4:15 pm. I'm anxious, excited, nervous and scared. I would love nothing more than to go tomorrow and find out that Spawn is growing strong and the blighted ovum diagnosis is wrong, but if I think like that and find out the diagnosis was correct, I fear it would destroy me. Either way, this time tomorrow I will probably know one way or the other...

No comments:

Post a Comment