Our journey in living, loving and learning after loss.

Friday, March 18, 2011

6w1d - Dear Spawn, You're Grounded, Love Mom

I knew that T's & my child would be a pain in the butt. We're both sarcastic and bull headed. I didn't expect that our kid would be such an overachiever that s/he would start in utero!

This morning I woke up to some cramping. Nothing out of the ordinary since I've been cramping the whole time, but definitely annoying. I went to the bathroom and my heart dropped to the floor when I saw that I was spotting. That on the other hand was new and scary. Immediately my brain goes to worst case scenario mode. Of course I start bawling fearing the worst.

I immediately called my doctor's office and they were able to get me in. I had to call into work, which made me feel awful, but was unfortunately necessary. The wait at the office SUCKED. While I sat there wondering if my child was okay, happily pregnant women kept coming and going. A couple of them looked like they were ready to pop too!

Finally I got called back to meet with the nurse. She opted to do a pelvic exam to make sure my cervix was closed and was going to do another internal u/s to make sure Spawn's heart was still beating. During the pelvic she did mention my cervix appears to be closed, but she could see the blood, just not the source. Wonderful. Then came time for my u/s. It wasn't as awesome as the last one. She didn't quickly find my baby and point out the wonderful news that her/his heart was beating. It took her a good minute or two to even find the baby. That was the most tense moment of my life!

When she finally found Spawn on the old ghetto machine she pointed out the flicker. Though Spawn's heart rate wasn't as high as it was last time, she did say it was still in the healthy range. She did print out another picture for me and said everything looks normal in my uterus. I was thankful and frustrated at that point. I'm so thankful that Spawn is okay, but so frustrated that no one can give me straight answers. I don't want to hear that spotting is normal! I want to know what is causing it so we can correct it!

She did chat with me for a few minutes after my exam and made sure to explain that I need to try to relax and stay positive. I wanted to slap her. She had my chart, she saw the hell it's been. She then reiterated that I am classified as "High Risk for Miscarriage." Isn't that special. I get to go back again next Friday for another u/s to make sure Spawn is still a-okay.

I did decide that Spawn is probably going to be an only child. I cannot imagine going through this again, especially with child. For now, Spawn is okay and still baking away and is currently grounded until s/he's 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment